Thanks to Lisa at IFB for including my What to Wear to a Gig at 40+: Rock Chick post in this week’s round up – Links à la Mode.
If you happened to miss my original post it’s all about how I styled an outfit I wore when I went to see trip hop duo Lamb in concert recently. The photo below (and most of the ones in the post) were taken in my new kitchen, just before the flooring was finally laid, hence the gleaming white door! Some of you will know we’ve been without a kitchen for about 2 months and hurrah, we finally have our kitchen back! No more cooking with a mini oven in the living room and doing the washing up in the bath (I kid you not)!
Tall Brown Fox and I were playing around with my new camara for the post. It’s another finally as I’ve finally upgraded to a DSLR! I was really pleased at how well the photos came out, considering they were taken inside with only normal overhead lighting and daylight.
Onto the links …
I particularly liked Jessica’s military jacket which she styled with jeans and a bright green bag from This Season’s Gold.
If you want to be inspired by some gorgeous pastels to get you in the mood for Spring, then check out the looks on Elements of Ellis and the 6 Ways to Wear Spring Pastels. I wish it would warm up enough in London to kick off the ankle boots but I fear it may be a couple of months before that can happen!
All the links are below so dive in and discover some new blogs!
Lisa Walker writes: Sparking joy or letting go, minimalist packing, and an Easter parade. Spring has brought talk of pastels and floral motifs, seasonal cleaning, and getting away. Though, even if florals aren’t your thing, IFB Bloggers have you covered when it comes to alternative looks—androgyny, rock chick, military, and Cavalli! Read through to get a beautiful glimpse into Greece, a seat at LA Fashion Week, and be inspired by some creative photoshoots.
So… what if most everything sparks joy? I’m in trouble.
Links à la Mode, March 31
- Aesthetic Distance: Photoshoot | How To Avoid Looking Like a Hippie at Music Festivals
- The Antisocialista: Minimalist | Perfecting the Carryon
- Cytherial: LAFW | Day 1
- Distinguished Diva: Santorini Travel Diary | Oia Plus Video
- Elements of Ellis: 6 Ways to Wear Spring Pastels
- Grazielle Camilleri: My Just Cavalli Dress
- Happy.Pretty.Sweet: Spark Joy
- Hey Just Jei: Now Trending | 6 Must-Have Tops for Spring
- Life in the Fash Lane: Fishtail Madness
- Lil Miss Bianca: 3 Tips for Staying Stylish on a Shoestring Budget
- Love.Laugh.Explore: Romantic Watercolor Inspiration
- Lucy Van Dean: A Skirt and a Blazer
- M&SANDTHENSOME: Homage to Christian Wijnants and Pajama Dressing
- Moon & the Mirror: The Owl On Leonard Street
- Ms. FABulous: Best Dressed at the 2016 NYC Easter Parade
- Petite Silver Vixen: What to Wear to a Gig at 40+
- Some Velvet Morning: Trench Vest
- Style Diary by Osy: Spring Closet Wishlist
- This Season’s Gold: Ripped | Military Jacket and Pop of Green
- We Are Ready Made: Pastel Delights